Friendship is a two-way street. It takes time, effort and understanding to be a great friend. While we should always be there for our friends, it’s important to remember that they should reciprocate the same feelings towards us. If you are travelling a lot, you might not see them as much as you might like.
Here are some tips on how to be a great friend:
1) Be there for them when they need you most. Always be on the end of a phone, text, or Facetime, no matter how far away you live.
2) Listen to them without judgement. Give them your opinion only if they ask for it.
3) Support them in their endeavours. If they are starting a new job or business, ask them how its going. Give them some support and share their achievements.
4) Encourage them when they need it most. Sometimes, everyone can feel down. Be mindful of this and help them to see the positives in their life.
Being a great friend is not an easy task. It is something that takes time and effort. But it is well worth the work.
A really great idea to make your friends feel good, is to send them a letter or card. Not an email, but something thoughtful that makes them feel special. However, we won’t always have the time to sit and write out cards – and also sometimes we might just want to send several cards at a time. If you are travelling or on holiday, you can still send these handwritten notes using an easy online service.
Try out this thank you card service that will provide fantastic handwritten cards without all the hassle. You can choose your own card and writing style, and then type out your message. The result is the card sent directly to your friends, in proper handwriting. It’s the ideal way to be super thoughtful but still so convenient and quick.
There are many ways to make a friend happy. Here are a few ideas:
– Send them flowers. You can even pick some flowers from your own garden for this, just put them in some lovely tissue paper or a vase.
-Cook them dinner. This will be a huge help if they are feeling stressed. You could go to their house and make it an occasion, or you could simply drop off some food for them as a surprise. Why not order them a cheeky dessert delivery to really cheer them
-Send them a gift – try these amazing boxes from HappySmith Gifts
-Take them out for a lovely meal
– Write them an emotional card (using the service above) – There are many messages that can be written in cards. Here are some examples of messages that can be written in cards:
1. I’m sorry for your loss and I pray for you and your family.
2. You’re a true friend and I’m lucky to have you in my life.
3. Thank you for being there when no one else was.
4. You’re an amazing person, thank you for all that you do for me and the world around us!
– Send them a thoughtful letter – you can use Handwrytten for this too
– Give them a gift they will love. This doesn’t have to be expensive. Perhaps a photo of the two of you, blown up onto a canvas, or even some home made biscuits.